Reply to Richard Notton - Re [MVlist] MV

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 05:10:08 PST

Hello to Richard over the right side of the big puddle:
It's Rob P. here. I'm a transplanted aussie from Sydney... been in New York
for 20+ years now. It's that I love thre bitter cold and slush and sleet.

Here is a thought regarding the [MV] site.

1]
Over a long period of time I have tried to contact the owner... Arthur?

I don't think I had a reply so, I guess he's often busy, and that's OK.

However, do any of you fellow MV'ers have a direct message line to Arthur?

If so, then I think the following could or would be a good idea. Certainly
this idea would be a reasonable thought to seriously ponder.

If Arthur could "copy" his address book to another file (floppy) for times
such as when the list goes down... then send one email from a sepearte
computer to ALL (select all) of us which would would state something like,

"sorry guys I'm down for a day or two ! "

Then a day or three later, Arthur could "post" again to ALL, ot us,

"hey guys, were back"!

I have always had the problem of seeing my postings anwhere from 3 hours to
3 days. However, typically around 15 hours later!

I'm also grateful for this MV list - site. It's a great alternative!

So, in a nutshell, could Arthur hit the send button stating "we're down" or
"back up"???

This would certainly save a lot of us "testing" or "sitting in the dark not
knowing" what the devil is happening.

Thats my suggestion.

In addition if Arthur is just too busy. He could have one of "us hit the
send to all button" ??

I will send this message to the Skylee address as well as to the MVlist
address.

Although I've escaped the colony some years back... regards to you and the
rest of my forefathers jailers... on the other side of the puddle.

Rob P.
42MB
& a few CJ2As