Re: [MV] NEW FROM CHRYSLER-BENZ

From: Greg (czechsix@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 23:03:26 PST

Nope, you heard right. However......

(that's a big however, btw)....

It's not going to be the U-400 that created all the stink. It's going to be
the U-500 that's coming in. A bit more than 84K, and even that will only get
you a completely stripped version. Secondly, these aren't the same old
Unimogs. Sure, they have portal axles, but they also have rigid frames, no
torque tubes, and composite parts. Basically what it amounts to is that
these trucks are designed for the municipal maintenance market (snow plows,
etc). Not really designed for off road use, in the traditional Unimog sense.

Greg
Vista, CA

Note: @home.com email servers are ridiculously
unreliable. If I don't respond to a query, please
try again or use this address as an alternate:
ebaygreg@hotmail.com