Re: [MV] duece/diesel related questions

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 23:31:52 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "The Caffreys" <joc@swcp.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 3:43 AM
Subject: [MV] duece/diesel related questions

> 2. Turbo: Most turbo units i am familiar with use an intercooler to
prevent
> the Head from overheating. On the LDT465 I don't see an intercooler, nor a
> pyrometer for operator management (eg its getting hot, back off), is this
> an issue with the LDT?

Maybe a confusion in terms here, the intercooler in any turbo set-up is to
cool the now compressed charge. Hot gasses (including air) expand and are
less dense than when cold, the turbo invests the charge with plenty of heat
by the action of compression and conduction carry-over from the very hot
exhaust turbine. Cooling this charge down means you get a lot more volume
into the engine as so more power.

Richard.
MVList@yahoogroups.com
MVListguns@yahoogroups.com