Re: [MV] Towing lifted M246

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 08:54:44 PST

In a message dated 3/1/01 9:50:02 AM Central Standard Time, mblair1@home.net
writes:

<< I guesstimated around
 2,000 pounds based on the 8,000 pound on-road load limit of the
 M109A3, vs. the 10,000 pound limit for the M35A2. Oops, that would
 have to be about 2,000 pounds heavier than an M35A2 cargo body.

I DON'T HAVE MY TM'S HERE, BUT YOU SHOULD COMPARE THE WEIGHT OF A CHASSIS
TRUCK (M-45A2) TO THE WEIGHT OF THE M-109A2 TO GET THE SESIGHT OF THE BOX. I
BET 4-5000LBS.

 I haven't seen the load plate on an M246, but I wouldn't be surprised
 if its longer boom had the same ratings vs. radius, and thus had an
 even lower limit at the radius that I'd need to get maximum hook
 height.

I HAVE THE TM AT HOME, I CAN LOOK TOMORROW IF YOU LIKE.
DAVID DOYLE