Re: [MV] M35 "air ride: seat

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 20:13:57 PST

In a message dated 3/2/01 7:32:24 PM Central Standard Time, jemery@execpc.com
writes:

<< One thing to look into, however. Someone told me that the passenger seat
 frame is different for the box vs. spring seat. I don't know, just
 something to make sure of. >>

THAT IS CORRECT. THE ORIGINAL BOX STYLE DRIVER'S SEAT HAS THE INBOARD SIDE
OF THE PASSENGER SEAT BOLTED TO IT.
THE SPRUNG SEAT, DEVELOPED FOR THE 800 SERIES (DIFFERENT THAN THE ONE ON THE
10 TONS) OF COURSE DOES NOT HAVE PROVISION FOR THIS, SO WHEN OLDER TRUCKS ARE
FITTED WITH THIS, THE PASSENGER SEAT IS EITHER:
A) ALSO REPLACED WITH AN 800 SERIES PASSENGER SEAT.
B) THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE DRIVERS SEAT BOX IS SAWN OFF AND BOLTED IN PLACE TO
CONTINUE TO SUPPORT PASSENGER SEAT.

Hope this helps,
David