[MV]1946 Dodge Brohers fuel delivery truck

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 20:43:24 PST

List,
Maybe some of you will find this interesting. Back in '69. I bought my dad
a conventional cab Chevy home heating oil delivery truck in order to save
him some steps up into the cab. At that time kerosene deliveries were a
big deal in this area (not Kerosun types, but "pot burners" were a major
source
of heating small dwellings) and forty to fifty deliveries per day were common.
Well, I needed a place to store o.d., so out went the Dodge. Pop's memo books,
a Christmas decoration and delivery tickets are still in the cab. Sad day..
Pop
departed for "the other side in '91.". See the old Dodge at:
                          http://hometown.aol.com/mytjoe73/page18.html
Several weeks ago, when we pulled the Dodge out, was the fist time it's seen
daylight since 1969!
Joe "ex-Oil Man" Young