RE: [MV] Military Vehicle Magazine

From: Joe Garrett (garrett@aa.net)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 06:41:46 PST

As a subscriber to MV Magazine for over five years, I would just like to say
BRING IT ON. The magazine has gotten better and better. The classified
adds pay the freight and assure the financial survival of the magazine.

People who complain about the amount of advertising in a publication must
not understand who pays the freight. Your subscription "MIGHT" pay the cost
of packaging and mailing the copy to your doorstep. It DEFINITELY does not
cover the cost of producing, printing, and editing the magazine. If it did,
magazines and newspapers all over the land would NOT BE GOING OUT OF PRINT.
Your local newspaper ATTEMPTS to cover the cost of delivery with your
subscription fee. That's all they get out of their circulation department.
There is almost never a contribution to the bottom line from subscription
fees.

Let's all hope that MV Magazine keeps selling lots of advertising and stays
healthy!

Joe G.