Need assistance to identify MB

From: Anith@wfp.org
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 23:22:43 PST

I have found an MB here in Sudan that was brought in from neighbouring
Central African Republic recently. It is 90% original but has a new starter
and a 12 volt system. The following numbers are visible on the engine head:
800....48 (the numbers between 800 and 48 are not clear). No documents are
available. Could the engine be of a CJ2A?. Could the MB be of 1948? I
thought the MBs were not produced after the WW II. It has all the
appearance of an MB. Can somebody help me? FYI, the Central African
Republic (CAR) was a French colony during and after the WW II.

Thanks in advance.

Anith

Sudan