Re: [MV] NEW FROM CHRYSLER-BENZ

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 23:36:36 PST

Hi Dave,

>You could use the same logic to prevent folks from buying M35's for
>non-commercial purposes. Think about it. I don't think it will be a
>problem. If a soccer mom wanted to buy a 2 1/2 ton Navistar flatbed to go
>get groceries, she could. But I don't see that happening too often.

Yes, but M35s aren't being marketed to soccer moms ;-) Never, ever
underestimate the power of marketing to sell people something today what
they didn't want/need the day before. The point about the UNIMOG is
moot, though, as apparently someone really goofed up the press release.
It is obviously NOT going to be sold as a SUV so that pretty much ends
the discussion.

Steve