RE: [MV] CUCV Seatbelt and stuff

From: John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 05:28:54 PST

Rick,

I would guess that you can get the seat belt stand up thing from any
Chevrolet dealer, although it may not be cheap.

No help on the antenna.

The number you quote seems like it might be a USA number. Where did you find
it? If it was stenciled on the inside of the doors, or under the hood, or on
the back window, it's probably a USA number. That's simply an additional
identification number, assigned by the government, sort of like a serial
number, but in addition to that. Most that I have seen are just a string of
letters, like NGOTWB. 85K 1022 doesn't seem to fit that scheme. I can't
claim any real familiarity with Air Force numbering systems, but I know that
there are List members who can.

You should be able to find numbers stenciled on the front and rear bumpers
that help to identify the unit(s) that the rig belonged to. I understand
that ordinary oven cleaner, sprayed on the paint and allowed to sit for a
few minutes, will allow you to simply wash the old paint off, one layer at a
time. I've never tried this, but it has been recommended by several people
on the List. Not sure how it works with CARC paint. Often, the vehicle will
have been the property of several different units, and each will have
painted their numbers over the previous unit numbers.

Good luck and please keep the List informed of your progress.

John