Re: [MV] Tow Bar ends (Clevisis) needed

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 06:28:59 PST

Hank; I've heard that the double clevises are prone to breakage and are to
be avoided. You are correct in your assumption that the slop will cause
failure. I've heard people mention that AB Linn has been known to have some
of these laying around but I don't know if he does. Somebody on the list
probably has a spare set. I only have the bigger clevises. Is your small
clevis cast thick enough to ream it out for the one inch pins? I just had
some 1 inch pins made to complete mine. I was also told that if you have 1
inch clevises they can be bushed down for 3/4 inch pins to tow the small
stuff. Good luck!

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL
Reo M-275 tractor (not home yet)