Re: [MV] FREEZE OUT PLUGS

From: chance wolf (timberwolf@wheeldog.net)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 18:53:22 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Notton" <Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] FREEZE OUT PLUGS

Yessiree. Exactly right. One cold and stormy night - very subzero
temperatures - I realized that my M37 engine had a rather sickly shade of
green water serving as its antifreeze, and was some thirty odd miles away
from me. When I checked it the next day, sure enough, the block cracked
along the casting right BESIDE the damn casting plug. But, they certainly
rust through fast enough, don't they? My 151 has one at the rear end of the
engine which decided to pinhole on me at the least opportune moment, leaving
an ever-increasing puddle of antifreeze on the ground for the neighbourhood
pets to lap up while I blew a fuse. Engine's been out of that damn vehicle
more often than it's been in, I'm afraid.

Andy Hill
MVPA 9211
Vancouver, B.C.