Misc ramblings

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 20:35:58 PST

Hi list.

I recovered a Vietnam era ammo can from amongst the flotsam and jetsam
stored in the ambulance body before administering the coup de gras to it
today and found that ages ago I had dutifully removed all the gauges
(complete set) and placed them there for safe keeping. Heck I didn't even
know I had em!

Am looking for some input from the group as to what I should be asking for
them and if I should be trying to sell them as a set or singly. All the
gauge faces are nice and black and all in all they look pretty darned good.
The speedo face is not as black as I would like it to be but it is clean,
the markings are clear and it seems to work (best as I can tell with a drill
powering it) and the trip-meter works (resets smoothly to zero anyway).
Have a speedometer cable to go with it but it appears as though it may have
something of a minor kink in it. Any input would be appreciated.

I also recovered a complete set of IV and litter hangers from the roof's
interior as well as what I believe to be the periodic maintenance card
holder from the center of the forward cab's headliner.

Also, one of you knew some fellow named Pete who needed the roof ventilator
assembly. I hung on to it as well but have heard nothing from Pete. If he
wants it have him get hold of me sooner than later.

Also found (and hung onto) the brass vacuum line connection that turns one
line into two to power the right and left windshield wiper motors. It is a
bit of an oddity as it has a straight-through connection and another that
kind of hooks down from the bottom.

Still lots of other goodies left over, too.

TJ