Re: [MV] It broke down part 3 super plugs?

From: John & Katie Ferencz (drw-fan@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 15:19:02 PST

I've used these replacable freeze plugs in the past on american V8
engines and they work very well. They are designed to be installed
while the engine is in the vehicle and you have no access to tap in
the normal stamped sheet metal ones. These replacable freeze
plugs are made of 2 metal disks sandwiching a piece of rubber with
a 1/4 inch bolt connecting the metal disks. You position it in the
hole and tighten the bolt which squeezes the rubber causing it to
expand and grip the inside of the hole. This is done using a wrench
or socket set. Around here the technical name for freeze plugs is
core or casting plugs but everybody just calls them freeze plugs.
They are commonly available in auto parts stores around here
(Detroit, MI). If you can't find them where you are at let us know
what sizes you need and I am sure someone on the list or myself
can send them to you. Good luck.

John Ferencz