Re: [MV] Ferret, 432, bedford PIG

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 13:42:51 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "chance wolf" <timberwolf@wheeldog.net>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 7:52 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Ferret, 432, bedford PIG

I did wonder if it was perhaps a US coined name for one of the many Bedford
trucks. $15K is astounding even allowing for transportation, I know people
here who can't get 500 UKP for them and have had to remove the
axles/transmission then gas-axe/scrap the residue.

The Humber Pig was intended as a stop-gap only but was so successful that
the replacements were so late/unsuitable that many were bought back from
dealers and private owners after disposal and put back into another 30 yrs
of service.

Richard
Southampton - England