Paint Color??

From: Emmett Thompson (kt4al@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 08:44:19 PST

Hello wise list

I am in the middle of my MULE restoration and noticed that just over the
factory green the MULE was painted a bluish green color. I think I have
matched this color from a federal standard colors book as "semigloss 24148".
It was marked with the serial number and US ARMY painted in white and then
over again in yellow. then a few more coats of paint.

I have never seen this color before probably because of all my MV's this is
the oldest. It is a 1958 model.

Does anyone out there know what era the vehicles were painted this color and
how long did they do it?

I am thinking of painting it this color during the restoration due to the
fact that it is very different from the standard "OD GREEN" that everyone
else has.

The restoration is going fine and I hope to have it finished in a couple of
months provided work does not get in the way!

Thanks
Emmett