Re: [MV] M-274 magnesium

From: Jim Winne (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 09:08:45 PST

Hi Emmett and list;

I would bet that the "unknown metal strips" are stainless steel. An old
trick that radio operators use when grounding tower legs and pushup masts
to a copper ground braid is to put a piece of stainless sheet between the
two with some no-ox jelly and clamp them together tight. Since masts and
tower legs are galvanized and hence very reactive, this isolates them
chemically but not electrically.
I can say that this method works quite well and I'll bet that is what the
reason is for them. Just my $ .02.

best regards,
Jim
MVPA #17216