Help- cutch won't release on my m715

From: mark fisher (fishmeok@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 20:26:31 PST

Hi all
Having actually started and ran the chevy 350/sm465 conversion in my 715, I
now can't get the clutch to fully release. It engages and disengages at the
normal place, but will not fully disengage to allow shifting into 1st and
reverse. all the gears work, and I have adjusted the linkage so far that the
clutch does not engage at all, then adjusted it back but it still does the
same thing even when it is adjusted so far that the clutch will not engage.
I lubricated the pilot bushing when I installed it and the engine/trans
mated normally. I had the cover off the trans, but since all the gears work,
I assume I have the reverse shifter in the right place. Any ideas? I'm
moving to the twin cities in two weeks and am running out of time...
Thanks
Mark