RE: [MV] Jack Tomlin

From: Norona, Mike (MNorona@amsuper.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 11:58:40 PST

Sage Oracle of The List,
I had the pleasure of meeting Jack many times, when he'd drive across 3
states to attend meets in California, always with some exotic piece of
machinery in top shape. Typically his deuce trailered some tracked vehicle,
while the "smaller items" were parked in the deuce's bed. He's a top-notch
fellow in every way, always willing to offer free advice, and cheerfully
passed along bargains he'd found. New 24V headlamps for $5, as an example.
Not one to just park and sit, he routinely ran his armor so all us kids (all
ages) could ride and admire. One time he brought a visible / IR
searchlight; at night we played "hide-n-seek" on the hillside above camp,
trying to outwit the IR, which we never could.
Here's my chance to give back to this fine collection of friends and
wonderful hobby. I can't think of a more deserving person, but then, this
hobby has many.

Here's his address; his site lists many goodies to drool over, most
available.
Jack Tomlin
P.O. Box 778
Tooele, UT 84074