Minor problems and leaks, M35A2.

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 12:20:52 PST

Listers,

1st. Let me thanks for the answers in advance, I have never seen a straight
up question go un answered here, (I just love this list).
2nd. Please, Please... post you answers directly to the list, its not that I
mind just getting an answer, but there are so many questions that others
have asked that I missed the answer on.
I am sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that my are basic stuff that many would
ask when they have time, (the basic stupid stuff).

I have several seeps,
1. At the top of the oil filter can, I fixed it on the short run with
Permatex, but I thing I need a new copper ring, need to do the 1st oil
change this is a good time.
Am i correct?

2. Where the heads meet the block, this could be a little spot or two that
follows the grove and just looks like the whole seam is leaking. I have no
noticeable oil loss or any other problems. How bad of problem do I have?....
retourk the head bolts?

3. Rear Axel where the drive shaft bolt up comes out of the top box on the
back, edges of the cover is oil stained, was clean.
any way to stop this seep?.... oil level in the read end is fine.

4. How much ?? blowout should you see from the valve cover vent? I thought
I had a major leak on the front top gear box (oil on the passenger side,
generally all over from the spring to the gear box) when I crawled under to
look, ( was on the 5min idle down) I found most of the oil from the valve
cover vent, (as much as from a very slow drip leak).

These problems would not bother me on an old dump truck or farm tractor or
pickup, but on my deuce the bug me.
When I bought this truck it had sat for 6 years at a holding lot at Reily
and you could eat off of the engine, now its starting to look bad, am I just
over sensitive?

Also, if I power wash the engine, will I create problems? (I have on small
cars).

Thanks again all........

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
416 S 4th St