Silicone Brake Fluid / Synthetic Oil

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Mar 17 2001 - 13:09:40 PST

Junk, Crap, DANGEROUS!
Silicone brake fluid AND synthetic oil find every
possible escape route and exploit it.
 If silicone brake fluid causes low pedal, no pedal, leaks, etc., why
would anyone on Earth
want to use it? Brakes HAVE TO BE RELIABLE! Corrosion to parts is
secondary!!!
  Synthetic oil is only slightly better than silicone
brake fluid. It seems to just weep out of ever=y pore of an older
engine.
  Silicone brake fluid not only doesn't allow the
rubber cups or seals to expand the correct amount, it will leak right
out of formerly leak free
combination valves. master cylinders,etc.
  Synthetic oil CAN BE mixed with regular oil in
order to achieve most of the benefits without
the leak problems. One quart per five.
  I can't think of a use for silicone brake fluid.
Just use regular brake fluid and bleed the system once in awhile.
  Don't EVEN get me started on stainless steel
brake lines or "quickie" one wire alternator
conversions.
Don Kenyon ASE Certified Master Technician,
L-1, California Enhanced Smog License
'39 Ford 115th Quartermaster (National Guard)
Contact Truck