Bent Mullins Open House

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 19:48:11 PST

Hi list,

Went to brent Mullins' open house and got to see how the big boys play.
Several warehouses full to the top with shelves and shelves and shelves of
Jeep parts. Not a thing for my Scout there! Several tank restorations
under way and more neat stuff out back waiting its turn. Lots of
beautifully restored vehicles including an M18 Hellcat, Jeeps (of course)
and others. Problem is (from my humble point of view, but who am I to
criticize) that the quality of the restorations was so high that taking them
out and playing with them is really out of the question. This does not keep
Brent from making them 100%, mechanically (no doubt with some help from his
mechanical genious, Franz)! All in all, VERY impressive!

Several vendors were there, including Rod Shaver who lightened my wallet by
a little more than $400.00. When I think of how much I actually got for
$400.00 I have to doubt my sanity a little. Even so, Brent was kind enough
to allow us little people to bring some stuff for sale and I sold off the
front clip from the ambulance and some other odds and ends. I even sold
some items I didn't bring! This helped with the expense on the other end.

John, your doors have been delivered to Brent for their trip up.

Regards,
TJ