cooling system problem

From: j. martin (jimextwi@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2001 - 07:01:18 PST

Several months ago I replaced the radiator on My e-350 ford 91 van ( 7.3
liter diesel ) . The radiator before it died as it had almost rotted out .

I am noticing the new one that we put in ( the correct one according to the
book and the radiator shop ) looks as if it is running hotter than the old
one was . The radiator is now running toward the upper end of the heat range
though still in the normal area but not by much ) We did not replace the old
thermastat at that time though I am considering doing that now . This truck
is heading down to fla so i know it will be running a bit warmer there .
According to the mechanic there is no leaks in the system and there is no
fluid loss ect.

Any ideas ?

jim