Re: [MV] new question

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 11:49:39 PST

In a message dated 3/22/01 12:42:01 PM Central Standard Time,
pamelakg@intergate.bc.ca writes:

<< Can someone define the term MULTIFUEL? I think I know what it
 means but I need something in print to show someone else. >>

I posted a longer (better) definition some time ago, but basically the
Multifuel engine is a compression ignition engine built under license from
M.A.N. and uses the hypercylce cumbustion process.
The fuel charge is delivered to the cylinders by an injector. The vast
majority of it is deposited in a "cup" machined into the top of the piston.
This cup is specially shaped so that as the piston travels up, a swirl of air
sweeps the fuel gradually of the top of the pool. This allows even
combustion, despite the different igniton points of the various fuels. A
fuel density compensator was used on the later model injection pumps to vary
the amount of fuel charge depending on the specific gravity of the fuel.
Hope this helps,
David Doyle