My 'new' M416 trailer

From: Michael Moran (jagular7@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 13:53:06 PST

Pickled up my 'new' fire engine red M416 trailer during
lunch. I'm guessing that it's not a stretched model as I
first thought. Today it's sunny here in KC and I was able
to crawl underneath it and all around it. Overall shape
is pretty good. The wheelwells have been 'bumped' and
could use a little pull out. Shot some pics and will get
these developed and placed in my album later this week.
The ID tag states: 'Trailer, Cargo, 1/4 ton, 2W, M416,
NSN 2330-706-5495, Serial 5837, Mfg. P/N 614M, Model
614M-65, Stevens Mfg. Co, Ebensburg, PA, Delivery Date
12/66." Tires are a bit worn but I think I can locate
some 7.00x16 tires for it. Parking brakes work well and I
guess I'll have to rebuild the axle bearings and add
shocks just to make it 'like new'. The drain plug even
works!

I plan to dismantle it, paint exterior dark drab green or
brown, interior and underside I plan to Herculine it to
keep it all together and add a tonneu cover. Drag it
behind my Bronco for outings since the rails are pretty
high and can hold the gear.

mm