Re: [MV] trailer laws - now MV Movers discussion

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 07:18:41 PST

Dave:
     On the way to the test, stop at a doughnut shop and buy 5 dozen old
fashioned doughnuts. Using twine, hang doughnuts from the truck at all the
inspection points ( lights, air hoses, fenders, brake packs, instrument
panel,Hitch, etc.) If possible, track down and bring a Bakery trailer as
your towed load. Explain how the military can turn out 1600 doughnuts an
hour using the trailer and that you would never carry more than 2000 lbs. of
flour in the dump body, cause you would not want to cause catatonia in the
law enforcement community! The glazed look on the officers face as he
attempts to comprehend this info will probably allow you to pass without
even starting the truck. Allow him to confiscate any doughnut(s) he feels
may be compromising the operation of or might be a distraction to the
driver.
    I would not mention the snuff because it may be illegal to have it
around food stuffs.

    Point of Information:
     Something taught to me many years ago...the way to tell if a guy in a
uniform is a Police officer or a Security guard.... Ask to see his 5 D cell
Mag Lite. Unscrew the end cap. If you find 5 D cells, he is a Security
guard or an Auxiliary officer. If you find doughnut holes, he is a career
Law Enforcement officer. Nothing gets damaged inside a Mag Lite (known as a
Mag Munchkin in Massachusetts), and all the pros know this.