Re: [MV] M-35 Diesel engine question

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 16:53:32 PST

My M35A2 had this similar problem last week. Towed home from DRMO. All the
linkage inside the injector pump involving shut off and throttle/governor
were bound up tight. I removed the cover the stop cable goes into ( 2
screws) and spent close to three hours moving it back and forth, first with
a hammer and screwdriver, then a nut driver that fit over the end of the
shaft and then my fingers. Sprayed liberally with PB rust buster. Slow and
easy is the way to go. The runaways do nasty things to your heart rate.
    Pictures of the problem area can be seen at the end of my M35A2 album
at:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=983904&a=12250605

It runs now.
    Ron