Memorial Day MV event

From: Janet A. Mele (jamele@erols.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 13:15:29 PST

>From George Mele, Crownsville, MD, MVPA10010

The new movie "Pearl Harbor" will be opening across the country on Memorial
Day with a lot of publicity and promotion. A friend of mine has asked me to
get the word out about his efforts to put together displays by veterans
groups,reenactors, and military vehicles in Ocean City,Maryland to promote
the movie(obviously) but more importantly--to honor local WWII veterans as
there is a large resident population of WWII vets in and around OC. Also, a
holiday draws as many as 300k vacationers to the beach at OC so that this
could be a very well attended event. I have no feel for their specific plans
but believe that any mil vehicles would be welcome--not just those typical
of the Pearl Harbor time frame.
For details contact Mark Seaman, Manager of the Sun and Surf Theater onn
141st Street in Ocean City,MD on 410-250-0931. Alternatively, contact Jack
Wolfe on 410-250-4097----or Baywulf1@juno.com.