Re: [MV] jeep/truck

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 06:01:47 PST

I'm constantly amazed by how consistently - inconsistent the BMV and
enforcement people are in the various states. When I was in Ohio, I thought
the Ohio folks couldn't be more screwed up, then I worked with them in Kentucky
and found that they had a system, but they also had work arounds for everything
(go talk to Joe in the corner, he can probably fix this for you... hint,
hint). Now I am in Indiana and the people here are rubber stampers. If they
don't know where to stamp it, they are totally lost, take personal offense to
my living, go into cold sweats, flop on the floor and start to shake.
Ironically, I found Kentucky probably the most accomodating. At least if they
didn't have an official procedure, they would find a work around for your
situation and not even blink. I think if I lived there my M51 might be
registered as a houseboat, moped, or something similar!

Dave