WC53 Carryall Restoration #17

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 08:33:44 PST

My good friend, Deryk Walker, says it's always the little things that take
up time when working on your vehicle. On a intellectual level I know he's
right, and the truck keep reminding me in more tangible ways.

I spent two hours last night moving a fuel line.

I started out trying to work on the brakes. I should note that the fuel
system has been altered on this truck and it uses an electric fuel pump and
filter combination mounted on the engine side of the fire wall near the
steering column. The fuel line was re-routed to accommodate this change,
but ended up in the path of brake pedal travel. I had to move it.

Problem was, it was in a tough spot to reach, and had a memory. I finally
convinced the old line to stay in its new home, and fashioned an extension
length of line to get back to the fuel pump and filter.

I had time to add brake fluid to the master cylinder and try to pump up the
system. Nothing. Built no pressure, leaked no fluid. I guess the master
cylinder has to come off. Anyone have a line on a rebuild kit? Or
adjustment/rebuild tips?

Thanks,

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000