Re: [MV] runaways

From: Auke Dijkstra (auke.dijkstra@wxs.nl)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 10:57:02 PST

Hi All,

I have (beside my MV's) a '55 Peterbilt conventional with a Cummins NH220
diesel
engine. This engine has a decompression handle, it can be used when starting
the engine.
Just pull the handle while cranking the starter engine, so the starter
engine has an easy job.
After a few turns you can pull the handle back and the engine fires up.
Could this decompression handle be used against a runaway of the engine??,
In theory
the handle takes the compression off the engine.

Thanks!

Auke Dijkstra
Netherlands