Re: [MV] rust removal

From: Colin Stevens (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 01:48:45 PST

OSPHO and other products like RUSTMORT are not so much rust removers as they
are converters. They use phosphoric acid I believe and change the iron oxide
(aka RUST) to iron phosphate which is inert.

They usually recommend brushing off loose rust before applying.

Yes, protect your hands and eyes as it is a form of acid.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)