I took my van (M292A2) for a ride today

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 16:08:57 PDT

Fellow HMV enthusiasts,
For those of you who have been following this saga for the past couple of
years...
Today, after 2 years of on again, off again work, I took my expansible van
for a ride. It has a couple of fuel leaks, needs the brakes adjusted, and
has a couple of odd squeaks to work out, but all in all it runs well.
Over 50 mph you can tell the engine is working, but between the extra long
wheel base and the weight of the big box it sure rides good.
I'd like to thank my son Andrew, my dad Everette, Ron Grasso, Joe Shannon,
and Don Moss for their sweat, blood, help and encouragement in getting it
this far. Also thanks to the list for their ideas, suggestions and answers to
my questions.
To summarize the work done...
Replaced the injection pump hydraulic head.
Replaced the injection pump (3 times).
Replaced the injectors.
Reinstalled the injector lines in the proper firing order.
Replaced the air/hydraulic cylinder.

Now to install the heaters and air conditioner (thanks to Mike Pilcher and
Bob McFarland for picking it up for me). Maybe by the summer air show season
it'll be done!

Thanks,
David Doyle