Re: [MV] Jacking a 5 tonner?

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 20:37:32 PDT

"Randy Orpe" <sgtorpe@sierratel.com> wrote:
> Use a 10 ton bottle jack and jack up under the axle housing. Use a 4" x 4" x
> 3/4 or 1" steel plate between the jack and the housing to protect the
> housing

A very good point! I forgot to mention in my posting that I also stuck
a piece of weed between the jack's ram and the axle housing, because I
noticed that the axle housing wasn't entirely flat, and would have
just rested on one corner of the ram without a piece of wood to
distribute the force.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/