Re: [MV] Jacking a 5 tonner?

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 08:18:28 PDT

Thanks for the replies. It looks like the bottle jack wins. I have this thing
about crawling under something I'm trying to jack up - call it concern - fear of
5 tonners falling on me......what ever. Anyway the long frame jack is nice for
that - I can stand about 3 feet from the truck while raising it up, but that
doesn't work too well for that center axle. Oh well, guess I will revert to the
bottle jack and block the other wheels really well.

Thanks for the replies.

Dave