WC53 Carryall Restoration Entry #22

From: Chris Davis (cdavis@webworldinc.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 08:48:09 PDT

Wouldn't you know it, the week I'm trying to get all the parts sand blasted
it turn out wet in Sunny California. No parts yesterday, raining today so
we'll cross our fingers for Friday. Problem being flash rust if there is
much humidity in the air.

It's not like I don't have anything else to do...

I touched up some of the parts I primed Monday night. The driver's side
fenders had some rot where the reenforcing plates are bolted to
them. Everything that could be reached by the sandblaster was clean, so I
treated the hard to reach seams with "Extend". While waiting for that to
dry I pulled the old "lower" wiring harness out. That's tough if you don't
want to cut it. Hind sight says I should have, but I had this nagging
concern that the NOS harness might be too short for the Carryall (the WC53
being a few inches longer than the more common WC51 & 52s). So I was
hedging my bets.

Well, you experienced folks know I'd never get the old one back in. Too
brittle and cracked. But, I did get to lay it out on the garage floor and
compare the NOS unit to it. Looks like the same length.

Chris Davis
MVPA# 20000
Lake Forest, CA
'42 WC53 Carryall