Re: [MV] Jacking a 5 tonner?

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 09:11:40 PDT

Well after some further manual perusing, I found a picture in one of my 5 ton
manuals with jack stands under the rear center pivot trunnions supporting the
full weight of the rear of the truck - so I'm going to jack at that point.
Apparently the trunnions are sufficiently strong enough to handle the force
of the jack. I just have to make sure that I don't jack on the grease
fittings. The section in the manual where I found the picture covered
removal of the middle axle. I have found these mil manuals to be incredibly
inconsistent. Some have torque numbers, some just say tighten it...etc.

Dave