Re: [MV] Howard and Halon (was Jeep pictures)

From: ET Lance-Gómez (etlance@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 17:04:22 PDT

Sorry Jim, but Halon is a CFC. In order to use it for fire extinguishers you must apply for an exemption. This is why the Air Force
doesn't want to see it phased out. Nothing works quite like it for extinguishing those nasty engine fires.

The reason you can't survive in a room where Halon has been dumped is that it is heavier than air so you rapidly can't breathe.
TED