Licensing mil vehicles without title or Form 97

From: JJ&A (w7ls@blarg.net)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 12:30:55 PDT

Well, in Washington State, there is another way. You can register a vehicle
without either. You say you lost the title or never got it. After 3 years, if
nobody steps forward to claim that vehicle, you can get a new title for it, in
your name. A friend of mine has done this many times. It's quite legal. The
State probably will run a check to see if it is reported stolen, but that
shouldn't cause a worry, so long as you know the history of the vehicle. Jim