Re: [MV] TITLE & REGISTRATION WOES

From: Henry J. Fackovec (fackovec@radiotech.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 14:02:47 PDT

Hey all!

After reading some of the stories: I can commiserate totally, I have been on
the receiving end of problems more times that I can count, but to the
assorted DMVs credit: 1- we are paying very little for the antique plates
and it is a bother to interrupt their routine to deal with them, and 2- the
clerks are trained to deal with the 999 regular registrations rather than
the 1 antique plate request that comes in during a day.

In a perfect world, yes they all would know the proper info, they would all
be polite, and there would be no lines, but that's not the real world (In a
perfect world, bolts would not break when we force them...).

I try to take the mindset with me to the DMV office that if someone does a
good job, I compliment them ,and I have even written letters to the
commissioner when a clerk went out of her way to make a solution happen.
When I run into the idiots that permeate the institution I chalk it up to
inbreeding.

Just my two cents.

Hank Fackovec
Former Civil Servant. (Well actually, I was not that civil! LOL)