Re: [MV] Licensing mil vehicles without title or Form 97

From: Brandon K. (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 14:00:01 PDT

In Kalifornia you can hire a certified VIN inspector
to come to your home or shop to verify the VIN number
for issuance of an original or a replacement title.
The Auto Club (AAA) can also do it. This saves you
from having to tow that dead M123 to the DMV so you
can try to find a parking space....

In California any law enforcement officer can do this
too...but don't call 911 for a VIN inspection! If you
have a law enforcement buddy that will do it in their
free time, that would be best.

You also have to sign a statement that you are the
true owner of the vehicle in question.

After a few years of delinquent registration, the
state of California purges all the records, so I think
this is a common occurrence with collector's (old)
vehicles.

BK