Re: [MV] Licensing mil vehicles without title or Form 97

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 14:06:58 PDT

On the other hand, I bought my M-37 with a ton of deliquent registration fees
(somewhere near $800.00). I wrote them (CA DMV) a nice professional letter, and
convinced them that the vehilce had been sitting in a field for the past ten
years (which it had been). They were very kind and knocked off all of the
delinquent charges, and the vehicle now sits registered as non-operational until
we do the operational vehicle thing. But we're on the books, and with a three
digit VIN!

Next, an attempt to see if CA will grant permissionto use vehicle registration
numbers instead of plates... Can't hurt to ask.

Bill