Re: [MV] Where there's a will...

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 20:00:55 PDT

Why doesn't the MVPA and/or American Legion, VFW, etc, form a small lobbying
committee to address these seemingly inconsistent, insurmountable and archaic
laws at a Federal level? If we collectors/operators were represented by a
responsible lobbyist, who could calmly and rationally get to the right
bureaucrats in each state, perhaps a consensus could be reached, similar to
the nation-wide motor carrier regulations. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have
a Federal Military Vehicle registration, as one fellow suggested, using the
vehicle's original military #? It has never occurred to the various state MV
depts, probably only because no-one has ever taken the time to reach out to
the correct officials. We could collectively be just as powerful a force as
the NRA, given the opportunity. (Please don't tell me how 1. Good, or 2. Bad
the NRA is. I don't want to hear it. I just used them as an example of good
politicking in a similar milieu) Arthur P. Bloom, Pacifist.