Re: [MV] Fw: Carbon Tet

From: Henry J. Fackovec (fackovec@radiotech.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 13:50:00 PDT

When I worked in a refinery is beautiful downtown Bayone NJ, we used to use
triclorethene to wash everything from oil tankers to our hands. My clothes
used to get so oil soaked, my mother (Yes, I was 18 and mommy still did my
laundry <G>) would soak my work clothes in triclor overnight, then hang
them out to dry and I would wear them again. I noticed that the skin on my
legs would sloth off, but the pants were clean LOL

The other great solvent was 55 gal drums of unleaded white gas(I think it
was called white gas), they would dump it on the floor and we would mop out
the wharehouse or the mixing rooms to get the oil and grease up off the
floor. This is before the advent of !##$%^ OSHA. (As my father who was a 46
year vet of the refienry still contends " After those OSHA !@IBags got
involved, we got nothing done".

Enough thinking of the goo dold days....
Hank