Re: [MV] Attaching Disk (ID Unit etc) To Spare Tire

From: Bob Cobb (Bob.Cobb@wku.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 14:27:06 PDT

Colin,

Thanks for taking time to reply!

Well, I've managed to take your advice. Here's how I finally engineered the
project.

        1. Cut a 16" diameter disk from 16gag steel.

        2. Marked on the spare tire carrier, two holes, through the
                two lug holes not used by the carrier allowing me
                to drill two holes in the spare tire carrier that align
                with the unused lug holes.

        3. Welded two long studs to the back of the disk that align with the
                drilled holes.

        4. Attached the disk, through the spare tire rim, to the spare carrier!

        Because I used the existing carrier, this was the *ONLY* way that you
        could mount the disk, and still have full access to the tire (for
        changing etc.) When I get the project finished I'll send you a
        picture of the process.

        Again, thanks for your advice. I appreciate you taking time to help.

        Best regards to you and yours.

        Bob Cobb
        Kentucky.