Re: [MV] Axle Nut socket?? for a 5 tonner - M54

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 18:43:50 PDT

>.... A tip to removing your hub and wheels, is to
>remove them at the same time by placing a sheet of oiled cardboard under
the wheels
>and just sliding them off on the cardboard, and back on in the same way.
Very time
>efficient! I removed all four axle dual wheels and reassembled them this way.

That would make it easier but for my first brake/bearing/seal job I think
I'd prefer to take everything off just to know that in fact all the studs,
stud nuts, and wheel nuts are ok and get some anti-sneeze stuff on them.
That way I know that they could be removed without problems on the side of
the road if needed.

je