M-715 help/newbie intro

From: BrOKE-|nC (dahorse@jvlnet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 05:31:48 PDT

Hello List

I have been lurking a little while and wanted to introduce myself, and to
make sure I was posting to correct addy;-)

I recently acquired a 1967 M-715 and my goal is a restoration as close to
original as possible. The machine I have is very complete and in excellant
shape considering age.....but the previous owner painted it a interesting
shade of blue ( local county civil govt). I have a few questions below I
hope you all can help with.

1) Where could I get some pictures of M-715 's correctly restored?
2)The original #'s on hood and rear bumper are missing...any way to find
what they may have been? ( my newness to this is showing huh?)
3)What would be "considered" a correct color, for this truck while being
used by military? I Imagine may have varied depending on branch and where
it was stationed?

Any help or correspondence regarding these questions would be greatly
appreciated. And personal e-mail is more than welcome. I am eager to get
started on the restoration but need some direction in the "non mechanical"
areas, thanks all for your time!

Norm Tischer (Newbie!!)