M-715"newbie"

From: BrOKE-|nC (dahorse@jvlnet.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 07:53:14 PDT

  List

Thanks for the excellent ideas and help regarding my M-715 questions. I was
overjoyed with the quick responses to my questions and thank you all. I
have much to learn and this seems to be a place absolute full of knowledge.

Regarding the #'s I was hoping to find on my M-715 ...... nothing
whatsoever on the hood anywhere....but I do know after much wishful
thinking, and sum creative staring at the front bumper, I can make out a
"star" and a short # on the drivers side of front bumper. (along with
evidence of another # on pass side of bumper) I will be trying sum ideas
given to me to try and read the # as soon as it stops raining here in
Wisconsin long enough to give it a whirl.

I wanted to ask an opinion.....the truck is a very faded blue...inside and
out. The previous owner as well as myself always figured it was a civie
paint job...but looking at the #'s on that bumper it is almost thought the
blue paint is under the old star that's I can just make out. Did the Navy
use blue on there trucks in this era?

Ok.....I have used enough bandwidth here and have one other thing to
mention...in regards to the discussion about WW11 vintage iron etc being
discussed...I find any and all matters of vehicle used by any military
fascinating personally, and even if I do own a "M" series....I would love
sum day to own a WW11 vintage truck, but in my case one thing at a time.
But seems a shame not to share knowledge in one big group, so the strength
of a combined group can be enjoyed by all. And the intrigue to own a
specific model, may filter to a newer person like myself.

again thanks ;-)
Norm
"newbie"