5 ton upgrade?????

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 06:24:18 PDT

I recently saw a very nice, apparently recently rebuilt, 5 ton tractor at
work in the Tennessee log woods. I believe it was a M275A2, couldn't get
into the cab, full of wasps. Looking through the window I could see most of
the data plates, but could not see the model number. In the center of the
dash was a data plate with German writing (I think it was German). What was
this? Could it be an indication of an upgrade done while in service in
Germany? In the next few days I'll try to find this truck again and copy
what this plate says so we'll know for sure. I figured someone already
knows.
It's a shame to think what this truck will look like in a couple of years,
but loggers are a good source of big trucks to restore. I know where there
are at least 3 M135/211's and several M35's and 5 tons.
Thanks for expanding my knowledge!
Keith