Re: [MV] Le Rhoi Compressor deuce in Vietnam

From: Walter Houghton (FlyN3Nvt@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 07:14:08 PDT

I dont remember who it was but this is what I found. Yes there were
Engineer Units in Vietnam that were set up with pontoon bridges. For a
while, the bridge at Bong Son was a pontoon Bridge. Also when Bridge 11 on
the Interprovencial Highway LTL-7A............The 36 Engineer Batt......co B
installed a pontoon bridge for temporary relief for civilian and military
traffic. Also,had a e mail posted, that the 168th Combat Engineers, had
all the equipment for the pontoon bridges. So I guess any one of these
would be good for bumper markings.

Jeff
Vietnam Line Haul Historian
M54A2C Gun Truck "The Saint" 8th GP 444th TC
M35A2 ....8th Gp 541st TC
M62..........8th Gp 523rd TC